Thursday, July 29, 2010

Evo 2k10

Hey everyone!
I know this post is pretty late but I figured I should write a short update on how Evo went this year anyways. So this year was a highly anticipated event and I got to meet a ton of new people! It was quite the experience. The event was held in this huge ballroom in Caesar's Palace. Although the service of this hotel was amongst the worst service I have ever received in my life, I still had a good time nonetheless. The top two came down to Ricky Ortiz and Daigo Umehara. This year Daigo took the victory yet again, but the finals were fun to watch. I really want to give a huge shout out to two players that just took the event by storm and they would be Vangief and Gamerbee. They are the two newest and most talented faces... at least to my knowledge they are. So definitely good job to them! Although there were lots of disappointments this year, overall it was still a fun time with new and old friends. I didn't compete in the ladies tournament because I really didn't want to. I guess competitive gaming really is not my scene and I am completely okay with that. The winner of the ladies tournament was Kayane. She is a Chun Li player from France and also a top Soul Calibur player! Exciting! So anyways, luckily this year I didn't get as sick as I did last year. I just got a sore throat and a horrible cough for a few days. I am not sure how next year's Evo will be, but hopefully it'll be bigger and better than this year's!

Thank you all!

Teresa Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment