Thursday, November 19, 2009

Girl Friend of a Hard Core Gamer

Hey everyone,
I was rereading all my posts and I realized that I never really posted something about my feelings toward my boyfriend being a Super gamer. So here we go!

I have loved this man since I was 14, and way before I knew he was into all of this stuff. I love him for who he is as a person and as a man. Keno is truly the best thing that has ever happened to me, and the solution to all my problems because he is always the first one to wipe away all of my tears and make me smile. Aside from all of this mushy stuff, video games have drastically changed my life. Like I have said before, I have met so many friends through Street Fighter 4. Before he brought me into this "world", we used to do normal people stuff, like go out to dinner or go to the movies. Now the main thing that we do is go to Arcade Infinity and play games, or play games at home... basically 90% of the things we do revolve around video games. I guess it is safe to say that sometimes I miss the way things were before I was introduced into this scene, but I definitely do not regret it. He makes me happy whether or not we are at the arcade or in a tournament. Keno always makes sure that my needs are met first. When I was sick and he found out, he immediately left a tournament that he was in to come get me and made sure that I was feeling better. I have just never had someone like him in my life. He keeps me with him everywhere he goes, and always tells me he loves me even if we are in the middle of an argument.

Street Fighter 4 has brought me countless numbers of friends, and has strengthened my relationship with my boyfriend. I have a new found respect for people who place top in a lot of tournaments because I know it isn't easy and it takes a lot of time and practice to become so good at something. I will always be the person standing next to Keno cheering him on to become a better person in life, and in his passion. Yeah this sounds all peachy and happy, but there are definitely some downsides to being in a relationship with video games and my boyfriend. I do miss the normal things that we used to do, and not having arguments about whether or not he will be attending a tournament that day to hang out with me. It really is about endurance and being able to adapt and love what you are adapting to. I am so happy with where our relationship right is now and I would not change meeting these people in Street Fighter 4 for the world.

It literally amazes me how much I know about this game now... like really, a few months ago I would sit at the table and not understand half the things everyone was talking about: FADC ultras, etc. I still don't know that much, but hey, I AM LEARNING!

(Shout out to Keno) Baby, I know I always complain about how long tournaments last and they really take a toll on me sometimes, but I just want you to know that I love you so much, and I am so proud of how well you do in everything you set your mind to. I know that this is your passion and has been a dream of yours since you were young, and I respect that you never let go of what you truly love to do. You are my motivation to strive for more in life, and you are always going to be the fire under my ass you sexy piece of milk chocolate :)

Thanks for reading everyone!

Teresa Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment